If you aren’t cleaning your home with vinegar, you are missing out on a powerful all-natural cleaner that is safer and less expensive than many of the store-bought cleaners and cleaning agents you find out on the shelves today.
Vinegar can be used to clean just about anything, including some floors, but is especially helpful for cleaning the kitchen and bathroom areas. It can be used to remove grime and grease easily and without all the nasty unsafe chemicals.
Ways vinegar can be used as a cleaner
- Use as An All-Purpose Cleaner – You can use vinegar to create an all-purpose cleaner that includes white vinegar and baking soda. You can even add some drops of essential oils in the mix to add a bit of a scent to the cleaner.
- Window Cleaner – Mix together white vinegar, water and cornstarch and shake well to make a natural window cleaner that doesn’t leave streaks.
- Make Glassware Sparkly – If you use a dishwasher, you can add a bit of vinegar to the dishwasher to help remove residue that comes from the hard water. You don’t want to pour the vinegar directly into the rinse compartment of the dishwasher, instead, you will want to put a small amount of vinegar into a dishwasher-safe container on the top rack and make sure it is stabilized and won’t go anywhere.
- Create A Soft Scrub – If you are looking to create a soft scrub cleaner that you can use in the bathroom, just mix some vinegar and baking soda together. You can use the mixture on the tub and shower to help get rid of soap scum and hard mineral deposits from the water.
- Toilet Bowl Cleaner – As we all know, most toilet bowl cleaners include nasty chemicals and chlorine bleach, but you can use the soft scrub mixture above to make your own homemade toilet bowl cleaner.
- Surface Cleaner – You can mix together some distilled white vinegar with a few squeezes of lemon juice to create a homemade cleaner for the kitchen and bathroom. This mixture is also safe on most bathroom floors.
- In the Washer to Remove Musty Smells – Vinegar is great for removing the musty smells in your washing machine, but don’t mix it with bleach because this can create a harmful mixture to both you and your clothing.
Benefits of using vinegar
- Using vinegar to make a homemade cleaner is easy and much more health-friendly because you are not cleaning with bleach or other harsh chemicals.
- Using vinegar instead of bleach and harsh chemicals makes the cleaning products you use much safer for pets and children.
- You won’t have to breathe in those strong bleach or chemical smells, which is great to use when you have people in the household who suffer from asthma or allergies.
- It cuts through grease and grout easily.
- It doesn’t streak which makes it a great option for cleaning windows and glass.
Pin for later
While there are many things you can clean with vinegar, there are a few things you want to avoid cleaning because it can ruin the surfaces. For instance, on marble or granite countertops, the vinegar can take away the smooth and shininess and instead make the countertops dull or discoloured. It can also ruin waxed wood furniture or floors so you will want to steer clear of cleaning those with vinegar.