Discover what South America has prepared for you and your family. In this article, we will give you some ideas on how to have an adventure with your family in this amazing part of the world. Make sure you take some Spanish lessons. When you have learned some of the local languages, you are going to make this the best adventure of your life!
South America is full of pre-Hispanic ruins. Most archeological sites are a one-day adventure. Spare a day to visit the site that is close to your chosen destination. Some of the must see ancient ruins for families in South America include:
- Tajin when you are in Mexico
- Ingapirca for your Ecuador stay
- Machu Picchu if you are in Peru
- The Lost City when you travel to Colombia
- Tiwanaku if you are in Bolivia
The Incans, Mayans, Totonac, Toltec, and other cultures built these monuments. Most sites are great for hikes. You can enjoy your family travel with a visit to these ancient sites. It can be also an educational journey.
South America is full of beaches. Some of the best family sites are calmed shores in which you can enjoy the sea as if it was a pool. There are
- Anakena Beach, located at the Eastern Island in Chile.
- Baia do Sancho, located at Fernando do Noronha in Brazil.
- Cristal beach, located at Santa Marta in Colombia.
- Galapagos Beach, located at the Tortuga Bay of Puerto Ayora in Ecuador.
- Isla Mujeres, located at Yucatan in Mexico.
- Playa Mansa, located at Punta del Este in Uruguay.
The beaches in South America are paradises for visiting with your family. Explore them and you will be amazed by its beauty.
We will not try to enlist the natural beauties in South America because there are so many that it is nearly impossible. Anywhere you go you will have the chance to explore nature. There is always an ecotourism centre. Among the things you could do, there are:
- Scuba diving
Snorkeling Zip linejumping
If you have teenage children, they all are going to love the opportunity to engage on one of these activities. Spare a day for them to explore natural beauties. Enroll them on an extreme activity while the rest of the family stays at a safe heaven.