AD | Affiliate Links
Placing the same treatment in all rooms of the house is one of the most common mistakes that almost all homeowners. Hence with a plethora of window treatments available in the market, it is quite possible to get confused as to which particular window treatment to choose. To inject colour and elevate a space, window treatments are one of the ideal ways. If you want to control the light, heat, and privacy in each room, you can choose window treatments for your house.
Pick the correct window treatment tips
You can easily pick the correct window treatment for your house by following these tips:
- Styles: When it comes to selecting some window treatments, you need to consider the ambience of your environment. Window treatments can be anything, including classic, traditional, and contemporary shades or blinds. It is one of the most straightforward ways to not only transform your room but also add a touch of your personality to it. The design tone is established in the way a window is covered. You can add drama to a formal room by adding decadent velvet window treatments in your house. On the other hand, if you want to give a contemporary touch to your room, you can add roman shades with bold geometric prints and colours.
- Window size and shape: Some of the most common window shapes are rectangular, bay, or circular. Besides the shape of the window, you also need to consider how it opens up. The double and single hung windows are some of the traditional styles. There are casement windows that are attached to the frame, and on one side, they are hinged.
- The purpose of window treatment: Material is, of the significant parts of any window treatment—some terms like fade prevention, privacy, durability, and blackout when it comes to functional needs. You will be flooded with light if your windows are faced on the south. It might sound great, but it can be annoying when you are watching TV and sun rays hit your eyes. Blackout drapes are your best bet if you want to regulate the amount of light and prevent it from coming in.
- Look at the options for window treatments: First of all, you need to know that there are a plethora of varieties and materials you can choose from. Material choice is quite dependent on your personal and professional decisions. Drapes and curtains- be it casual or formal rooms, some versatile curtains and drapes can do some magic for sure. You can soften the space by adding some light fabric.
Types of window treatments
- Curtains – Ideally, they are made from Sheer cotton or polyester. You can customise them as per your room. Before you buy any window treatments, you need to picture those window treatments in your room.
- Drapes – Ideally, drapes are way thicker than curtains. The materials of the drapes include Velvet, silk, linen, cotton, polyester. They are thick because they have an extra lining, which is perfect for blocking the light.
- Blinds – Ideally, blinds are made from Vinyl, metal, wood, and bamboo. Shades are made from fabric, but blinds are mainly made from more rigid materials. If you are seeking to control the light, then there is nothing better than wood blinds or shutters.
- Shades – They are made from cotton, polyester, linen, bamboo, Vinyl. They are ideal for people who like classic design choices.
- Valances – They are made from cotton, polyester, silk, wool, and are mixed with blinds, shades, curtains, and drapes.
Hence, we can say that when it comes to selecting window treatments, you need to keep in mind the specific purpose of the treatment.